logo

How passenger Limit & Income works

Discuss with developers, ask game-related questions, post suggestions and feedback.

How passenger Limit & Income works

Postby Natalia Svecova » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:58 am

Dear Players,

we would like to provide you with an example of how the Passenger-count is figured out. As we continue with developing and extending the game with new bonuses and really profitable flags, it is becoming less and less transparent when one needs to understand the pattern.

Before we get to an example we have prepared, we consider for necessary to start with a couple of facts and rules that should be exposed if the matter lying in the center of our attention should be clear to everyone.

1. Every station has the basic passenger limit and income, even if there are no buildings and flags placed. This essential income is 500 passengers. The limit (3 000 passengers) is figured out from the income of 500 passengers. These two figures show that the limit is the result of the income´s multiplification by number 6:

income 500 x 6 = limit 3 000

Any building placed at your station, increases the numbers according to this pattern, e. g. a building with income 100 passengers raises the income from 500 to 600 (base income plus building´s income) and limit from 3 000 to 3 600 (base limit plus 100 x 6 limit provided by the new building´s income).

This means, if there are no limit-related special buildings at the station, you do not own any contractor station and you use only those flags which give the same precentage to limit and income, the passenger limit at your station is always multiplification of basic income by 6. Please keep in mind that there is practically no station where this rule could be applied to, since most of you have already finished some contractors and you surely use also some limit boosting special buildings.

2. The incomes and limits from buildings placed at already owned stations of finished contractors are never affected and thus never increased by flags or special buildings, as it has been slightly suggested above. The limit from these buildings is generated by multiplification of their incomes by 12. The limit/income values from these stations are counted together and added to the values at your main station without being affected by any further bonuses.

3. If you place a special building at your station, it increases only the basic limit (= 3 000 plus limit from all other standard buildings). It never raises the limit previously increased by flags, or other limit-related special buildings.
Of course this does not apply to contract stations and their buildings. These remain independent of any bonuses, as we already know.

4. Flags increase either the basic value of the passenger limit (if there are no special buildings), or the value that has already been increased by limit boosting buildings. They also boost the income.

EXAMPLE

We hope that now we are ready to demonstrate it on a minor example.

1. We have an imaginary station, fully loaded with buildings. Its basic income without flags and special buildings is 10 000 passengers. The limit (income x 6) is thus 60 000.

2. Let´s say the owner of this station has finished a few contractors and now he/she is enjoying the passenger profit coming from their stations. Together they give income of 5 000 to this player. Multiplied by 12 the limit must be 60 000 passengers. This will never be increased by flags or special buildings. It can go up a bit only if another contractor is finished.

3. To sum it up, the station´s passenger limit is 120 000 and income 15 000, but now when we apply some special buildings, we will have to deal exclusively with the station´s basic limit, figured out in point 1.
In order to increase the limit the player has decided to place Architect (adding 100% to the limit) and Retro House (50% more to the limit) at the station. This should happen as a consequence of it:

The Architect adds 60 000 passenger to the basic limit (60 000 + 60 000 = 120 000).
The Retro House adds 50 % of the basic limit to the passengers, which is 30 000 and the limit is increased to 150 000. Do not forget that there are separate passengers from the contract stations. Let´s add them to the limit and the final number generated by the factors handled so far should be 210 000 passengers. The income has remained the same as before, since the applied special buildings are associated only with the limit.

4. We have reached really nice figures, but our goal to enjoy TrainStation with some wonderful passenger train sets requires much more people waiting on the platforms. Of course, there are flags to help us with increasing the limit and this time also the hourly income.

Imagine that 10 flags (50% / 50%) have been placed at the platform. The total percentage provided by them is 500% / 500%. Our basic limit has already been increased to 150 000 passengers through Architect and Reatro House. Now we can add the 500% flag bonus, which makes 750 000, but we should not forget 60 000 people from the contractors. The final limit has been boosted to the total of 810 000.

Fortunately the income has been changed, as well. 500% flag boost generates 50 000 passengers for the hourly income. You are surely aware of the fact that we manipulated only with the basic income (10 000) and first then we were allowed to add 5 000 more people from the contract stations. The total income must be 55 000 in such case.

Architect and Retro House in combination with 10 flags (500% / 500%) plus buildings placed at the station given by the contractors have helped us to increase the initial values from 120 000/15 000 to 810 000/55 000.

We believe this example with values that are intentionally simple has helped you to get a closer insight into the processes concerning the passenger-count and its relation to the factors that help you to increase it. The manual should serve as a weapon against any doubts that might occur in relation to the passenger values that are generated and constantly re-figured in your games ;)
Natalia Svecova

Re: How passenger Limit & Income works

Postby Sayaka Hyuuga » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I think there is an error in this example, when you use a 500% bonus you multiply by 6 your base number, so if you have an income of 10000, with this 500% bonus you will have 60000 as income, and your passenger limit will be 150000 x 6 = 900000.
Sayaka Hyuuga

Postby Rolf Al » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Thank you Natalia,

that is my post from 28.04.16, only a little bit more eloquent.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30294#p126772
Rolf Al

Postby Sakura Mori » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:27 pm

I agree with Sayaka and I also have a doubt with the above example, you said above:

"The Architect adds 60 000 passenger to the basic limit (60 000 + 60 000 = 120 000).
The Retro House adds 50 % of the basic limit to the passengers, which is 30 000 and the limit is increased to 150 000."

I only have architect and I was thinking that if retro house adds 50% of the basic limit, are we sure it doesn't count the new passenger limit (in the same way of how the flags work)? If it is in this way, the new passenger limit should be 180 000...

Thanks for any clarification about this point!
If you want to add me, my player ID is http://portal.pixelfederation.com/en/profile/9521017
Sakura Mori

Postby Rolf Al » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:04 am

As
Natalia Svecova wrote:
3. If you place a special building at your station, it increases only the basic limit (= 3 000 plus limit from all other standard buildings). It never raises the limit previously increased by flags, or other limit-related special buildings.
the last part bolded by me
wrote
So Architect + 100% = 60.0000 and
Retro House + 50% = 30.000

But with the 500% Bonus from flags,
Sayaka Hyuuga wrote:I think there is an error in this example, when you use a 500% bonus you multiply by 6 your base number, so if you have an income of 10000, with this 500% bonus you will have 60000 as income, and your passenger limit will be 150000 x 6 = 900000.

you are right.
Rolf Al

Postby Natalia Svecova » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi guys,

thank you very much for your remarks. The final figures should be correct, because the rule of multiplification by 6 is not valid anymore when there are Special buildings and contract stations in effect. It was mentioned in section 1 ;)

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Natalia Svecova

Postby skozzy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 am

Using the word Income in this example throws me for a six.

Income is from dispatching passengers with trains, if you don't dispatch any trains you make no income (money/profit)

I see only two things happening with buildings being added, first it increases Passengers per hour (the regeneration rate), second it increases the total passenger limit. And if I understand this correctly.. Building of 100 Passengers adds 600 passengers to the total limit, but the regeneration rate is 100 passengers per hour. (before any flag bonuses)

When you buy a building it is based on passengers per hour, no mention of any income in the shop.

So is Passengers Per Hour what is referred to in this example as BASE or INCOME, or are both BASE and INCOME the same thing.

Cause if I wanted to buy the Retro House, will in increase only the total passenger limit, or will it also increase the regeneration rate of passengers too.
114 Locals, 103 Internationals, 99 Depots, 1.5 Billion Passengers, 5 Maxed Local Stations, All Contractor Stations (less Gio), 65 Flags.
skozzy

Postby Rolf Al » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 pm

I brought to my example station from this old post
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30294#p126772
some wood to build the 'Architect'.

In this album are the results
- empty station
- empty station with 20/20 flag
- empty station with Architect
- empty station with Architect & 20/20 flag

http://imgur.com/a/djEid
Rolf Al

Postby Aunti Krist » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:43 pm

My HUGE problem is that when I try to send passenger trains to my international friends, the number of passengers is arbitrarily reduced. (I KNOW that it will be less because of less time spent on trip) The thing is, a train I used to be able to send that was worth 1,000. suddenly becomes only worth 50.! What is causing the steep drop in value?
Aunti Krist

Postby Rolf Al » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 am

Aunti Krist wrote:...(I KNOW that it will be less because of less time spent on trip) ..

No, on international trips you send always the same maximal number of passengers your train can carry, provided you have enough passengers waiting on your station.
With the reduced trip time during the actual event you are able to send your train earlier again.
But this use your passengers also more often, so that you are faster depleting them.
As a rule: any train on IT use
electric : 44.000
diesel: 66.000
steam & maglev : 88.000
passengers to deliver 1M gold.

So when your train deliver now only 50 gold, this means you have used up your passengers.
And this is the topic of this thread, to declare how the maximum limit and the (Income)/Increase of passenger works.
In your case, out of passengers, you can wait until enough passengers has "incomed" to your station, or get a new level which will replenish your passengers to your limit.
And for the future build more and/or better buildings on your station and/or use more flags.
Rolf Al

Postby Stuart Blythe » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:15 pm

my passenger numbers disappear even if I don't use many passenger trains and numbers do not replenish themselves as fast as my numbers per hour
Stuart Blythe

Postby Trish Fisher » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:05 pm

I used to have over 150,000 people and now I am down to 20,000....I can't seem to get my number of passengers back up. What am I doing wrong?
Trish Fisher

Postby Rolf Al » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:29 pm

You have to rebuild your flags, they have only a duration of 4, 5 or 7 days.
Or did you have rebuild your station, and some special buildings are now in storage?
Rolf Al

Postby Trish Fisher » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 pm

I use flags all the time. All of my buildings are suppose to yield at least 30 people an hour....my station is pretty full with buildings....
Trish Fisher

Postby Rolf Al » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Do we speak about the same.
Your passenger limit was over 150.000 and now only 20.000.
Or do your passengers don't replenish fast enough and don't increase over 20.000?

The first is true, if you have used high percentage flags which you got as rewards for achievements or contracts or for museums level. These you can't replace with the low percentage flags available to you in the shop.

In the second case you are using to much passenger trains on local or IT. You have to level-up to get your max. limit back. But increase your flags before leveling up.
Rolf Al

Postby Trish Fisher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 am

Ok I will try that with the flags and see what happens
Trish Fisher

Return to TrainStation Official Forum