logo

TrainStation Changelog from 15.5.2014

Official release notes to weekly content additions, changes and features

Moderators: Veronika Poloni, Zuzka Margetinova, Natalia Svecova, Samuel Gluch

Re: TrainStation Changelog from 15.5.2014

Postby Jesper Katt » Fri May 23, 2014 9:56 am

Zuzka Margetinova wrote:Hi Everybody,

We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment.

I refuse to believe that you didn't see this coming.

Zuzka Margetinova wrote:This way we would also like to thank you for your feedback, based on which we will be able to modify the new flag system.

A poll would do the trick. This way you upset the whole TS-community

Zuzka Margetinova wrote:As for the main reason why we decided to introduce this change in the game - it is because the high level players could not further export any passengers with their passenger train sets. We had to boost the passenger figures and along with the new flag system change we have introduced the new feature thanks to which the players are able to increase not only the passenger limit, but also the income without having to use gems.

This is not true. Just had to add another high level building. Like you add other high level items.
Jesper Katt

Postby Jesper Katt » Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 am

I have found ONE single good thing with the new Flags: I can easily find non-active friends and delete them from my list, making room for more active ones.

The devs did for sure think more of getting our Gems than our way of playing. I don't rush up and down friend list to collect trains and mail unless I have some spare time. I used to empty my storage, giving Flags to friends and collecting mail. Getting XP when putting. Now I don't care at all. I can only sell all flags getting 500 gold and no XP.
Flag is now - the most useless gift you can give to a player above lvl 100 or so.

I buy the Flags giving me the most income - 20% and low on passengers - 5%. In a high lvl you have more passengers than you'll ever need. Besides more gold is good.
Why do I have to change Flags to adjust my income? More income is better than less income. And it's impossible to put Flags in storage.

Low lvls and beginners are the very big losers. They have no chance at all being given more flags from friends. They don't have that many friends to tell them to send flag prior to materials.

Bottom line: Knowing what I know I'd never start playing this game today. But due to the fact I'm high-lvl, I might continue for a while and try not to care not being able to help the new beginners giving them Flags from my storage. Which was a win/win situation.
Jesper Katt

Postby Trainstation Zug » Thu May 29, 2014 12:57 am

Very interesting post about the change of the game.
I have the same thoughts. Many things change here, but the known errors still remain.
As I often said, the developers need to get money, but, as by many other games which rised and fall, you NEED to aks the players what do THEY want.
And I, to keep my post short, I WANT the possibility to switch between
- OLD and NEW Flag System
- OLD and NEW Contract Layout
- the OLD Success scheme
- the OLD name System (Who the fugg is "AAA BB Clair". Not my friend in FB, but says this in TS. Cleared cache and cookies often, no success.)

Both Codes are in the game, and it would be an easy way to GIVE me (and the others) the possibility to DO their OWN game.
Don't answer with "Then we need to check to parts of the game for errors" as you do NOT eliminate ANY errors in the game.

Your "reason" that the high level player needs more passengers is funny. Do you want to keep the players in the game or do you want them to come in, send about 20 trains full with all the passengers they need and then they can log off? I don't think so.
Also, passengers is not the most thing in here. Send material to your friends, to the contracts, to yourself to build better houses, build one or two more stations, build houses to get more passengers.
But don't let me run out passengers by let me set the flags by my own. I cannot watch everything and I was pleased by flags from my friends and also set flags to them or to other low-level, mid-level or high-level players as I get the flags as a gift from other players.
You see, everything is a give and a get from other players. You, the Devs, give a sh.. on us as the players.
Sorry.
Trainstation Zug

Postby Piper Phoebe » Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Hello, short question:
Is it true that after each gift that I collect the "time table" comes up and needs to be clicked away?
Also it is not possible to see the gift box as there also the "time table" comes up and after clicking on exit the window closes.
What is the sense?
Why do you change the game or the workflow?
Piper Phoebe

Postby Zuzka Margetinova » Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Piper,

the "Send gift" window is inactive, when you're waiting for the counter to run out, as you are unable to do something in it. We therefore choose to only show the counter. Many people had trouble understanding, that they have to wait to be able to sent more gifts to friends.
Now you know right away why.

Thank you for understanding.
Zuzka Margetinova

Postby Rich Macy-Simpson » Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Where is the DDA40X Double available for purchase? I don't see it in the Shop, yet this update mentions several changes to its Shop information. :?: :?: :?:
Rich Macy-Simpson

Postby Chris Heart » Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Rich Macy-Simpson wrote:Where is the DDA40X Double available for purchase?

You will find the Big Jack (DDA40X)double hiding away in the Forgotton Cargo Mystery Box.
Chris Heart

Postby Chris Heart » Sat May 31, 2014 9:34 pm

Rich Macy-Simpson wrote: yet this update mentions several changes to its Shop information. :?: :?: :?:

On closer inspection it appears that there was a slight mistake in the update notes. The changes referred to in the update you have looked at refer to the Triple, and not the Double as stated.
Chris Heart

Postby Jesper Katt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:27 am

What happend to the Achievements named Banner Bearer, Flag Carrier, Station Msrker and Vexillarius
Players that started these achievements but didn't finish them until the upgrade are missing a Reward-stone.

I can't say how much I miss my daily visits at my friends stations. I just don't bother spending an hour collecting and not being able to give anything back.
Jesper Katt

Postby Pawel Domanski » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am

Jesper Katt wrote:What happend to the Achievements named Banner Bearer, Flag Carrier, Station Msrker and Vexillarius
Players that started these achievements but didn't finish them until the upgrade are missing a Reward-stone.

I can't say how much I miss my daily visits at my friends stations. I just don't bother spending an hour collecting and not being able to give anything back.

Nothing happened to those achievements. They're still in the game, you can still do them.
Pawel Domanski

Postby Trainstation Zug » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Zuzka Margetinova wrote:Hi Piper,

the "Send gift" window is inactive, when you're waiting for the counter to run out, as you are unable to do something in it. We therefore choose to only show the counter. Many people had trouble understanding, that they have to wait to be able to sent more gifts to friends.
Now you know right away why.

Thank you for understanding.

How FUNNY.
You are "listening" to people. How FUNNY.
Listen to the players, the players who understand the game and want to play a good game.
The players who give you the hints you need.
Trainstation Zug

Postby Jesper Katt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Pawel Domanski wrote:
Jesper Katt wrote:What happend to the Achievements named Banner Bearer, Flag Carrier, Station Msrker and Vexillarius

Nothing happened to those achievements. They're still in the game, you can still do them.

Well...
I'm done with all those years ago, but please tell me how a newer player is able to give flags to friends.
Jesper Katt

Postby Pawel Domanski » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Jesper Katt wrote:I'm done with all those years ago, but please tell me how a newer player is able to give flags to friends.

It's actually rather simple - the achievements don't require the flags being placed on the friends' stations, therefore you get the credit for placing them on your own station.
Pawel Domanski

Previous

Return to TrainStation Changelog